I made these vegan mint double chocolate black bean cookies yesterday. OMG…hard to eat only just one!!! Fluffy, puffy, moist, firm and oh, so tasty!!!
Vegan Mint Double Chocolate Black Bean Cookies
DOUBLE-CHOCOLATE DEVIL’S FOOD COOKIES FROM THE GREAT VEGAN BEAN BOOK
Serves: about 36 cookies
Serving size: 1 cookie
Fat: 3.2 g
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat pastry flour (I used white whole wheat)
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups cooked black beans or 1 can (15 ounces), rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed mixed with 3 tablespoons warm water
- 1 cup unsweetened nondairy milk (I used unsweetened soy)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 ½ cups vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. I lined cookie sheet with parchment paper or you could use spray on oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- In a food processor, add the black beans, flaxseed and water mixture, nondairy milk, both sugars, walnuts (if desired) and peppermint.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry in the bowl along with the chocolate chips and mix with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Scoop the cookies using a small cookie scoop onto the prepared cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the cookies look dry on top and spring back when lightly touched.